Places to visit
Turku, the oldest city in Finland, is known for its instagrammable architecture, modern restaurants, a lively riverside and the beautiful archipelago. Below we have collected some places to visit and things to do to make your stay unforgettable.
Would you like to experience the fascinating archipelago and an authentic Finnish sauna, or jump onboard a ship and enjoy a dinner cruise? Perhaps you would prefer staying ashore and exploring local flavors instead? Check out the activity packages below and book yours now!
Swimming, beaches, and saunas
Do you want to enjoy the Finnish summer by diving into refreshing lake or Baltic sea? If that’s your cup of tea, you might want to visit one of the beaches or saunas nearby Turku. By the way, did you know that some of us even swim outdoors throughout the winter - when the sea freezes we simply dig a hole into ice.
- Ispoinen beach & sauna
- Ekvalla disability access beach
- Brinkhall Beach
- Littoinen Beach & Sauna, Villa Järvelä
- Saaronniemi Beach
- Beaches in Kaarina
In the heart of Turku there are two outdoor swimming arenas:
National parks and nature trails in the Turku region
- Kurjenrahka National Park which is easily reachable by local transportation buses.
- Archipelago National Park which is a sea park only accessible by scheduled ferry services or your own boat.
- Teijo National Park located about an hour’s drive from Turku.
- Ruissalo Island in Turku , also reachable by local transportation water buses
- Paimio Sanatorium forest walk
- Paimio Nature trail
- Archipelago ring road
- Kuusisto culture and nature trail
- Kullaa trail
- Check out “Visit Turku” for more tips
Other things to do and see
- From the Port of Turku, you can take a ferry to Mariehamn or Stockholm or a 11-hour cruise to the archipelago. More information and tickets from the ferry companies Viking Line or Tallink Silja . See also what Finnlines ferries can offer you.
- Paimio Sanatorium, the architectural master piece from Alvar and Aino Aalto
- Naantali old town, located 15 km from Turku, and children’s favorite place Moominworld
- Cycling in and around Naantali